New Zealand Car Rental
The Unforgettable New Zealand
One vibrant capital city!
Two spectacular islands!!
Three compelling reasons to visit - scenery, adventure and gourmet cuisine!!!
Book your DIY New Zealand rental car today and begin experiencing the wonders of the youngest country on earth!
In the North Island is the irresistible Auckland, known for its delectable food and wine, scenic hiking tracks and magical islands. You cannot help by fall in love with the largest city in New Zealand, with its relaxed lifestyle, brilliant weather and stunning harbour views.
As you drive your DIY NZ hire car to the centre of the North Island, spectacular scenery and adventure activities await you. Waitomo, located close to Hamilton, is renowned for its underground cave explorations, bright glow-worms and abseiling into mist filled caves!
New Zealand’s capital city, Wellington, is situated at the southern end of the North Island, making it ideal for the self-drive itineraries below. Take the Cable Car ride to the Botanical Gardens for beautiful views of this city and its harbour, and don’t forget to visit the world-renowned Te Papa National Museum.
With your very own DIY New Zealand hire car, explore the pure beauty of this country (without the expenses of a tour guide and their strict time schedules!)
Self Drive Tours
- Bay of Islands Escape – 4 days – Auckland to Auckland
- South Island Experience – 4 days – Queenstown to Christchurch
- North Island Adventure – 5 days – Auckland to Wellington
- Southern Scenic Route – 6 days – Wellington to Christchurch
- Lower North Island Loop – 7 days – Wellington to Wellington
- South Island Treasures – 8 days – Christchurch to Christchurch
Wine lovers should travel to Marlborough in the South Island and be charmed by the quaint villages and rolling vineyards.
Further south is Christchurch, where visitors are constantly reminded of the stunning New Zealand scenery by the snow capped mountains that provide a backdrop to the city. A must for adventure enthusiasts is Mt Cook – here you can go glacier exploring and rafting down wild gorges!
Also don’t forget to visit Queenstown. This stunning city is sensational in all seasons. Winter is a wonderland for skiers and snowboarders, summer is perfect for hikers and both spring and autumn are great if you want high adrenalin fun or relaxation.
New Zealand is amazing! The scenery compares to that of North America and Italy, yet it is much better priced and the locals are so friendly. Book your DIY New Zealand car rental today, and begin exploring the wonders that make New Zealand so popular.
What’s On – New Zealand
- Waka Ama Sprint Nationals, Lake Karapiro – January
- Parachute Festival, Waikato – January
- Challenge Wanaka, Lake Wanaka – January
- Lake Wanaka Half, Lake Wanaka – January
- Nelson Aromatics Symposium, Nelson – February
- The Marlborough Wine Festival, Marlborough – February
- Waipara Valley Wine & Food Celebration, Waipara Valley – February
- Warbirds Over Wanaka International Airshow, Lake Wanaka – April
- Lake Hayes Triathlon, Queenstown – April
- New Zealand International Jazz & Blues Festival, Christchurch – April
- Arrowtown Autumn Festival, Arrowtown – April
- Southern Lakes Festival of Colour, Lake Wanaka
- – April www.festivalofcolour.co.nz
- Royal Easter Show, Auckland
- – April www.royaleastershow.co.nz
- The National Jazz Festival, Bay of Plenty
- – April http://www.jazz.org.nz/
- Hamilton 400 V8 Supercars, Waikato – April
- Vilagrad Winery Great Harvest Festival, Waikato – April
- Cambridge Autumn Festival, Waikato – April
- Auckland Art Fair, Auckland – May
- NZ International Comedy Festival, Auckland – May
- Homegrown Festival, Coromandel – May
- Bay of Islands Country Rock Festival, Bay of Islands
- – May www.country-rock.co.nz
- Dunkleys Great NZ Craft Show, Taranaki – May
- Paihia Matariki Festival, Paihia – May
- Maori New Year – May
- Hanmer Springs Half Marathon and 10km Run, Hanmer Springs – May
- Saint Clair Vineyard Half Marathon, Marlborough
- – May www.vineyardhalf.com
- Mt Isobel Challenge, Mt Isobel – May
- Amuri Estate Retreat Olive Harvest, Christchurch – June
- Scenic Cellars Aussie Red Wine Tasting, Lake Taupo – June
- American Express Queenstown Winterfestival, Queenstown – June/July
- Hot Red Hawke's Bay Wine Expo, National – July
- Cadbury Chocolate Carnival, Dunedin - Coastal Otago – July
- Bluewater Hotel Deco Decanted & Jazz Festival, Hawkes Bay – July
- The John Dixon Winter Trailer Yacht Series, Waikato – July/August
- The Food Show Auckland, Auckland – July/August
- Whitianga Scallop Festival, Coromandel Peninsula – August
- Dunkleys Pet Expo, Christchurch – August
- Winter Games NZ, Queenstown – August
- Gay Ski Week NZ, Queenstown – August/September
- CHB The Festival, Hawkes Bay – September
- The Gallagher Great Race, Waikato – September
- Christmas Country Fete, Culverden – October
- Art in a Garden, Christchurch – October
- Hunter's Garden Marlborough Festival, Marlborough – November
- Geraldine Arts & Plants Festival, Geraldine – November
- Timaru Festival of Roses, Timaru – November
- Pohutukawa Festival, Coromandel – November/December
- Caroline Bay Carnival, Caroline Bay – December/January